Three Weeks of Unseasoned Rap Beef: Eminem vs. Machine Gun Kelly vs. G-Eazy

Brace yourself. Photograph: Getty Images

It may be PSL season, merely the apartment white is all year round, baby. Over the last three weeks, Eminem, G-Eazy, and Machine Gun Kelly have been beefing. Not all with each other, but all at the same time, making for a whole tangled web of confusion. Who'southward mad at whom and for what, exactly? Await, which is which? And sorry, how is Halsey involved? Allow us be your guide through the best unseasoned rap beef since whomever on Al Gore'due south internet Bhad Bhabie has cursed out this week.

August 31: Eminem drops his surprise album Kamikaze, which was about how much he wishes this new form of rappers would get off his lawn. Machine Gun Kelly is mentioned past name on "Not Akin" — which sarcastically borrows our girl Bhad Bhabie's flow — to get a few things off his chest: "At present you wanna come and fuck with me, huh? / This footling cock-sucker, he must exist feeling himself / He wants to keep up his tough demeanor, and then he does a feature / Decides to team up with Nina / But next time you don't gotta use Tech N9ne if y'all wanna come at me with a sub-automobile gun / And I'one thousand talking to you but y'all already know who the fuck y'all are, Kelly / I don't use sublims and sure as fuck don't sneak-diss / Just keep commenting on my daughter Hailie."

Now, support, what's this about Eminem's daughter? This may be a shock to anyone over the historic period of 25, but Hailie Scott is no longer the child Em rapped nonstop virtually in his prime, but is now a 22-year-old Instagram model. And for that reason, MGK tweeted in 2012 (when she was sixteen and he 21) that she'southward "hot as fuck." Em has not forgotten.

Later that aforementioned mean solar day: G-Eazy sideswipes MGK with a shot of his ain on a song called "Bad Boy," in which he refers to MGK as his "mini-me." He mocks MGK's album sales and beingness jealous of his on-and-off relationship with Halsey: "Call a Uber, turn on the radio, imagine hearing me / 'Him & I'south on, mad you're listening to Halsey sing to me."

Let's backtrack again. Over the summer, when G-Eazy and Halsey were on a intermission or something, a photo of Halsey with MGK on the beach surfaced that unsaid they might be a new Thing. Halsey, however, shut it down, saying the photos were old and she was single both then and now. She and Chiliad-Eazy have since rekindled their romance, just information technology appears G-Eazy didn't go the memo about MGK being a nonfactor.

Even later that aforementioned day: The longest 24-hour interval in vanilla rap history ended with MGK dropping a freestyle diss on Hot 97 coming for G-Eazy. His shots: K-Eazy copied his blond hair (an accusation he subliminally fabricated over the summer) and, oh yeah, MGK did accept sex with Halsey. (Her own denial be damned, apparently.) "I fucked his girl at present he look like me / This shit overbearing / How dare him, I dare him," he rapped. He also posted an Instagram photograph of himself and Thousand-Eazy side-past-side, maxim G-Eazy is his mini-me, not the other way around and that Grand-Eazy has been lying.

September 1: G-Eazy kisses his on-once again girlfriend Halsey onstage. Which is the rap bro-y equivalent of screaming "Suck on that!" into the ether.

September 3: Oh, simply don't worry. MGK didn't forget about Eminem. He drops a diss rails for Em called "Rap Devil" (a shot at Em'southward "Rap God"), challenge that Em tried to sabotage his career early on. He afterward tweeted, "I'grand continuing up for not only myself, merely my generation. I'm doing the same shit you did dorsum in ur day. Life is even so real on my side, and I had to take time from the grind to defend myself from someone I chosen an idol."

September 6: Hoo boy, it's reported that Eminem has an MGK response "in the works" that should have MGK shook. "I'll tell y'all this: I wouldn't wanna be [Auto Gun Kelly]," Em's producer, Mr. Porter teased. "It's bully that you took that opportunity and did that, hey, kudos to you, expert for you lot. You recollect when Thanos threw that whole planet at Iron Man? It volition be like that."

September 7: Eminem teases said response on Instagram Live with a video of himself playing Pac-Human, which is a sly reference to MGK's Pac-Man neck tattoos. (As in, yeah, he'll be coming for MGK's neck.) So if MGK'south been, say, hiding a child or something, now would be the time to air out that laundry before someone else gets to it start.

September 12: Eminem sits down with Sway Calloway to analyze why he even dissed MGK in the start place, maxim it wasn't necessarily because of what was said about his daughter, which he didn't hear nearly until a year after the fact anyway. Though he didn't love that either: "Yous know yous go downwards a fucking wormhole of YouTube and whatever, correct? Then I see, 'Automobile Gun Kelly talks about Eminem'due south daughter' or any, right? And so I'one thousand like, 'What the fuck?' I click on it. Then he starts doing a press run, basically, nigh Hailie. I'm similar, 'What the fuck? Yo, my man better chill, right?' And then, that's not why I dissed him. The reason I dissed him is actually a lot more petty than that." Instead, Eminem dissed MGK over his claims that Em had him blackballed. "Commencement he said, 'I'1000 the greatest rapper alive since my favorite rapper banned me from Shade 45,' or whatever he said, correct? Like I'1000 trying to hinder his career," he said. "I don't requite a fuck near your career. You retrieve I actually fuckin' think nearly you? You know how many fuckin' rappers that are amend than you lot? Yous're non even in the fuckin' chat.

He at present says he's conflicted about having to answer to "Rap Devil" with a new diss track, if only because it gives the faux impression that MGK is somehow relevant plenty to warrant a response. "Now I'yard in this fuckin' weird affair, because I'm like, 'I gotta respond this motherfucker,'" he said. "And every time I do that, it makes that person — as 'irrelevant' as people say I am in hip-hop — I make them bigger by getting into this thing, where I'm like 'I want to destroy him. But I besides don't desire to make him bigger.' You know what I'yard saying? 'Because now yous're a fucking enemy' […] I'll go out information technology at that. I'm not sure exactly what I'k going to practise at this point correct now."

September fourteen: Expect what we have hither! Eminem has dropped his Automobile Gun Kelly response, titled "Killshot," in which he imagines MGK every bit the Stan from 2000, and says things similar "how y'all gonna name yourself after a damn gun and stone a man-bun," "experience like I'1000 babysitting Lil Tay," and "had to give y'all a career to destroy it." He also, uh, talks about leaving hickeys on Rihanna'south neck (????) and how "young Gerald is assurance deeps inside of Halsey." Gerald being G-Eazy. Well then.

Subsequently that mean solar day: MGK responds to Em'south response in a tweet clowning Em for his slowness to act, essentially saying his shot missed the mark. He besides announced that he'll be dropping a new EP, Rampage, on September 21.

Afterwards later that mean solar day: Iggy Azelea, nevertheless some other porcelain rapper to exist dragged into this, speaks her piece, calling Em'southward sideswipe at her on "Killshot" "lazy."

Fifty-fifty later that twenty-four hour period: Because this feud could not get more Who-y, TMZ reports that MGK allegedly has his bodyguards crush up an actor named Gabriel "G-Rod" Rodriguez for calling MGK a "pussy for going for family" to his face at a bar in Atlanta on Friday nighttime. (The comment was apparently in regard to MGK hit on Em's daughter.) MGK is seen in a video pushing G-Rod and his phone out of his face, after which G-Rod says he was kicked out of the bar past its managing director and then allegedly jumped by MGK's squad at a hotel across the street.

September 16: MGK performs in Orlando wearing a shirt with the image of himself with a target over his head from Em's "Killshot" artwork. He opens the show saying, "the real Slim Shady tin't stand up" (considering he's old, become it?) and leading the crowd in a "Fuck Marshall Mathers" dirge, suggesting that he'due south victorious. Reports from concertgoers later pigment a different story, notwithstanding, proverb that the dirge and diss weren't well-received and that he got booed offstage. (MGK claims Eminem's team edited in boos to footage from that show.)

September 18: And onto a third week! Eminem's "Killshot" sets the YouTube record for the biggest hip-hop debut in a 24-hour period, with 38.one million views. The numbers don't prevarication, but MGK isn't bothered: "The legend just got punched in the oral cavity, of class you're gonna tune in," he later commented. "You're gonna become see Rocky'due south last movie."

September 20: MGK appears on the Breakfast Club to gear up the record straight about his history with Eminem. "He should've said [what he said on Kamikaze] six years ago," he said of Eminem's delayed response to his comments about Hailie. "Truth be told, we had handled it behind the scenes six years ago." Co-ordinate to MGK, he never spoke to Em straight to squash their beef ("he's a recluse"), only he handled information technology with Eminem's director, Paul Rosenberg, "because that is as homo-to-homo equally it gets with him." "And human being-to-human being, I'll tell you, 'I repent. Tin can I take the tweet downwardly? Sure,'" he added. "But public apology? C'monday homo." MGK claims that despite thinking they'd moved past the tension, Eminem continued to close him out at Shade 45 and at Interscope (his characterization). MGK also says he had "some other prune" ready to unload on Em, only later hearing "Killshot" he "put that shit back in the holster" because it wasn't worth information technology. And if Eminem wanted to have a conversation if the dust always settles, this would be MGK's response: "Fuck y'all."

And as for G-Eazy, because that's however not over with either, MGK maintains that he'south slept with "many of" the aforementioned women Chiliad-Eazy has, only he never previously mentioned Halsey. "The 30-year-old and the l-yr-old said those names, non me," he explained. Merely only in case you lot're nevertheless wondering, MGK "admittedly" did sleep with Halsey, co-ordinate to MGK. "But that was when she and I were rockin' on some flirty shit," he clarifies. "Ironically, back when I had [the man bun]. I don't know why [her proper noun] keeps getting thrown around."

September 24: Eminem's "Kill Shot" debuts at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, college than whatever vocal on Kamikaze and also college than "Rap Devil," which has peaked at No. 9.

This post has been updated throughout.

Eminem vs. Machine Gun Kelly vs. G-Eazy, Explained